How is your personal data collected, stored and processed by Ippon as data controller?
This Policy explains how we use such data, with whom we may share it, what rights the data owners have and what steps we take to ensure its confidentiality and security.
Some of the links on our websites and applications may direct you to non-Ippon websites. These websites have their own privacy or data protection policies or guidelines, which may differ significantly from this Policy. It is your responsibility to read and understand those policies and, if applicable, to accept/reject the terms and conditions of those policies.
We may also include on our websites and applications computer applications from third parties, which allow you to share content with other people or to let these other people know your consultation or your opinion concerning a content of our websites and/or applications. This is notably the case of the “Share” and “Like” buttons from social networks such as “Facebook”, “Twitter”, LinkedIn”, etc. The social network providing such an application button is likely to identify you thanks to this button, even if you did not use this button when consulting our websites and applications. Indeed, this type of application button may allow the social network concerned to track your browsing on our websites and applications, simply because your account with the social network concerned was activated on your terminal (open session) during your browsing on our websites and applications.
We have no control over the process used by social networks to collect information about your browsing on our websites and applications and associated with the personal data they hold. We invite you to consult the privacy protection policies of these social networks in order to learn about the purposes of use, including advertising, of the browsing information they may collect through these application buttons. These protection policies should allow you to exercise your choices and rights with these social networks, in particular by setting up your accounts for each of these networks.
Presentation of the data controller
- Simplified joint stock company with a capital of 65,605.70 Euros
- Head office : 43 avenue de la Grande Armée – 75116 Paris
- Intracommunity VAT number : FR44441716412
- Represented by Mr. Stéphane NOMIS.
- Phone : 01 46 12 48 48
- E-mail of the Data Protection Officer (DPO): email@example.com
- Marketing department email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Above and below ” Ippon “.
The data we collect or hold about you may come from a variety of sources. Some of it may have been collected directly from you or your company, and some may have been collected in compliance with applicable regulations in the past. Also in compliance with applicable regulations, we may also collect information about you when you interact with us, for example when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications, when you call us, when you visit us in our offices or participate in certain events that we organize (meetup, conferences, IppEvents, etc.), when you participate in contests that we organize, or when you use certain social networks (Twitter, facebook, linkedin, etc.). Some data may come from publicly available sources (e.g. press and websites or applications of any kind including social networks) or from external companies.
The data you provide to us may include, for example :
- information relating to your identity such as your name, first name;
- your personal and/or professional contact information such as your postal address, e-mail address, telephone numbers;
- information you provide to us by filling out forms or communicating with us, whether by telephone, e-mail or any other means of online communication (instant messaging, social networking or any other type of exchange and communication) or by responding to questionnaires or satisfaction surveys
- information related to your geolocation. This data will be used on the one hand to adapt our contents and services to your needs, to allow us to carry out our professional obligations and on the other hand to carry out statistics of use of our services to make them more relevant;
- any information of a commercial or technical nature, such as details of the products or services you receive;
- information related to your connection to a WIFI network provided by Ippon as a visitor;
- information related to mobile applications developed by Ippon, especially for our events, etc;
- any information we need to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- data from our partners and subcontractors, in particular when we subcontract the ticketing operations for events that we organize or co-organize;
- data from your company (name, surname, telephone and e-mail address, position, qualifications, etc.) Etc.);
- communication information (e.g., information contained in emails, third-party information, chat information, instant messages, media information, litigation and stakeholders and transcripts or minutes);
- audio-video recordings in the context of video surveillance of our premises and/or participation in events that we organize.
What do we do with your personal data?
Access to our websites does not require the provision of personal data. However, depending on the pages visited, you may be required to provide personal data, in particular by filling in forms dedicated to certain topics (recruitment, opinions on blogs and discussion forums, event registration, white paper downloads, etc.). The mandatory or optional nature of the information requested will be indicated by a colored asterisk at the time of collection. Mandatory personal data are those strictly necessary to process or fulfill your requests; optional personal data collected are intended to get to know you better and thus improve your browsing/use experience on our websites and applications. Ippon will process your personal data in the following cases, among others :
- you have unequivocally given your consent,
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or for the execution of measures prior to the conclusion of a contract,
- the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which Ippon is subject
- the processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Ippon, unless such legitimate interests are overridden by the interests of the user’s fundamental rights and freedoms, and in particular with regard to privacy
In addition to browsing/using our websites and applications, your personal data may be collected and stored in Ippon’s secure databases, and be subject to computerized processing in order to perform the following operations:
- To send newsletters, solicitations and other promotional messages about our products, services, training and other events that we and our partners offer. If you consent, we may send you commercial messages (email, SMS, phone, secure messaging, social networks) containing information about our products and services or those of third parties.
You will have a page on our websites to manage your communication preferences. You may withdraw your consent to the use of your data for marketing purposes at any time as detailed below.
- Ensure the preparation, follow-up and execution of a contract concluded with you and/or your employers.
- Build a file of registered members, users, customers, prospects and candidates for recruitment offered by Ippon.
- Conduct market research, surveys, opinion polls or trend surveys.
- To improve the quality of our products, contracts and services and to ensure the effectiveness of our communication campaigns.
- Communicate on recruitment opportunities for new employees.
- To carry out operations relating to customer management concerning contracts, orders, deliveries, invoices, loyalty programs, customer relationship follow-up, and to manage your access to and use of certain services accessible on our websites and applications, such as participation in discussion forums or registration for training courses.
- To elaborate commercial statistics and of frequentation of our Internet sites, in particular by carrying out measurements of audience and visualization of the various contents.
- To organize contests, lotteries and all promotional operations with the exception of regulated games of money and chance.
- Manage people’s opinions on products, services or content.
- To manage unpaid invoices and possible disputes regarding the use of our products and services.
- Correspond with our lawyers, advisors or any other stakeholder (subcontractors, suppliers, carriers, partners or other interested parties).
- Protecting our rights: We may use your data to protect our rights, including defending or protecting legal rights and interests (e.g., collecting debts, defending our intellectual property rights), taking legal action, handling claims or disputes, and in the event of corporate reorganizations or other mergers or acquisitions. We will use them on the basis of our legitimate interests.
- Meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
The processed data may be aggregated into anonymized statistics for the purpose of surveys and studies. The results of these anonymous surveys may be transmitted to our partners.
Where consent is required for Ippon to process personal data, we will inform the data subjects and seek their consent.
With whom do we share your personal data?
We may transfer and disclose your data to :
- any company and/or partner to whom we should transmit – with your agreement – your personal data, notably on the occasion of events and/or conferences;
- subcontractors, agents or service providers who work for us (which includes their employees and officers);
- your company;
- any company (new or potential) with which we have direct and/or indirect capital ties (e.g. if we restructure or acquire other companies or merge with other companies) or any company that acquires all or part of a company with which we have direct and/or indirect capital ties;
- regulators, the TRACFIN unit, independent administrative authorities or dispute resolution bodies and to comply with their requests;
- companies that carry out commercial or market research for us;
- any other person involved in a dispute;
- judicial or administrative authorities/jurisdictions
You have rights over your personal data, including:
- the right to obtain information about the data we hold about you and the processing carried out;
- in certain circumstances, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time (please note that we may continue to process your personal data if we have a legitimate reason to do so) ;
- in certain circumstances, the right to receive data in electronic form and/or to request us to transmit this information to a third party where technically possible (please note that this right is only applicable to data you have provided to us);
- the right to modify or correct your data;
- the right to obtain confirmation that your personal data is or is not being processed;
- the right to ask us to delete your data in certain circumstances (please note that legal or regulatory provisions or legitimate reasons may require us to retain your data);
- the right to ask us to restrict or object to the processing of your data, in certain circumstances (please note that we may continue to process your personal data if we have a legitimate reason to do so)
You can also find more information about your rights on the CNIL website : https://www.cnil.fr/ .
Who should you contact to assert your personal data rights?
In addition to the possibility of going to the decided page of our websites and applications to manage your preferences in terms of communication, you have the faculty to exercise your rights by contacting our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at the coordinates mentioned at the beginning of the present Policy.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés, at the following address CNIL – 3 Place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 Paris – Cedex 07 or through the dedicated website of the CNIL.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will not keep your data longer than necessary and, when we no longer need it, we will securely destroy it in accordance with our internal policy or make it completely anonymous.
We keep the personal data collected for the period necessary to fulfill our contractual, legal and regulatory obligations or for another period defined in consideration of the pursuit of our legitimate interests, operational constraints and responses to requests from judicial or administrative authorities.
Thus, and except in special cases, the retention of your personal data is subject to the following maximum periods:
- Regarding the management of your requests for information: 3 years from the date of collection;
- With regard to contacts with our customers, suppliers, service providers and subcontractors, the information is kept – for the most part – for the duration of our contractual relationship and for a period of 5 years after the end of our contractual relationship;
- Regarding the management of your subscription to a newsletter: until you unsubscribe via the unsubscribe link integrated into the newsletters;
- If you are a prospect without an established contractual and/or commercial relationship, we will not retain your data beyond three (3) years after the last contact with you;
- Regarding the development of statistics related to our policy of “cookies”: 13 months from the first deposit in your terminal except in special cases (legal requirements, technical constraints, etc. ..)
- Regarding the management of your requests for rights (in particular access, rectification and opposition): 3 years from your request;
- If you are a candidate for employment, please note that if you are unsuccessful, we will delete all information you have shared with us no later than two (2) years after the information was collected;
- Video surveillance recordings are kept for a period of one month from the time they are recorded, except in special circumstances requiring their retention for the purposes of an internal and/or judicial investigation;
- The login information we collect for the security, maintenance and enhancement purposes mentioned above will not be retained beyond one (1) year after collection.
You must ensure that the information you have provided to us is relevant and up to date.
You must also inform us without delay, of any significant change in your situation.
If you provide us with information about a third party, you must first ensure that they agree.
Most of these changes should be minor. In the event of significant changes to our Policy, we will post a notice on the home page of the website before the change becomes effective.